InHand warranty covers only defects arising under normal use and do not apply:
1. Product modified in any way NOT described explicitly in the corresponding product’s user manuals. (NOTE: The product’s user manuals provide instructions for installing, configuring, and maintaining your InHand product. Please refer to the user manuals before installing or configuring the product, and don’t tear up the label at the product body.)
2. Product has been painted, rebranded or physically modified in any way.
3. Product subjected to misuse or abuse, whether by accident or other causes. Such product conditions will be determined by InHand at its sole and unfettered discretion.
4. Product damaged due to a natural disaster, including but not limited to lightning, flooding, earthquake, or fire.
5. Product found to be defective after the warranty period has expired.
6. Products that have been updated, reworked, or improperly tested by the Customer, or by a third party at the request of the Customer.
7. Products with an altered and/or damaged serial number.
8. Product has been damaged due to power surges, improper power supply, electrical current fluctuations, corrosive environment installations, induced vibration, harmonic oscillations or resonance associated with movement of air currents around the Product(s).
9. The customer has not followed local country regulations, including operation within legal frequency channels, output power Dynamic Frequency Selection requirements.
10. Products has been damaged or impaired as a result of using third party hardware, software or firmware.