InHand Electronics, Inc. is a leading provider of low-power embedded systems and software to original equipment manufacturers of handheld, Internet of Things (IoT), and wireless devices. InHand specializes in low-power and rugged single board computers (SBCs) and mobile devices. InHand products are built using industry-leading technologies, such as Freescale’s i.MX 6, TI’s OMAP, Intel’s Atom, and Marvell’s PXA processors and Android, Linux, and Windows Embedded operating systems.
Incorporated in 2000 as InHand Electronics, and based on the intellectual property of its three founders, InHand has grown significantly each year. With a specialization in small-size, low power platforms for handheld, IoT, and wireless devices, InHand provides design and production services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electronic devices. Industry focus includes military, industrial, and medical. InHand’s in-house expertise includes: project management, systems engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering, production engineering and test engineering.
InHand is a Microsoft Gold Partner, and also partners with Freescale, Texas Instruments, Marvell, Intel® Embedded and Communications Alliance, and others.
Products & Services
- InHand provides commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) SBC and tablet platforms for OEMs of wireless, IoT, and handheld electronic devices.
- InHand offers standard, custom and semi-custom electronics boards. Standard product includes: Fury-M6, Fury-F6, Siren-F6, Fury, Siren, Firefly, and Fingertip5.
- InHand can customize its standard SBCs using a process called Modified COTS to provide unique circuitry or interfaces, and to optimize product cost. Fully custom board design is also available.
- Hydra-F6 rugged tablets are available off-off-the shelf or semi or fully custom to meet project specifications. The Freescale i.MX 6 based tablet is the ideal for OEMs seeing a durable, long-life solution.
- InHand has over a decade of custom engineering rugged, low-power, mobile device design for projects requiring unique specifications.
- A streamlined Management Approach management approach with experienced project managers minimizes risk and ensures projects on time and on budget.
- InHand partners with local test firms to detect issues early, minimize risk, and complete regulatory certification.
- Extended support is standard for 90 days following project completion – InHand offers support renewal, as well as custom, multi-year support plans that may include: 800 number access, 24-hour turnaround, hardware/software upgrades, etc.
- InHand is ITAR and US classified compliant for engineering design services and products
CAGE code: 8Z220.