InHand Electronics, Inc. is a leading provider of low-power embedded systems and software to original equipment manufacturers of handheld and wireless devices. InHand specializes in low-power and rugged single board computers (SBCs) and mobile devices. InHand products are built on industry-leading technologies, such as Freescale’s i.MX 6, TI OMAP, Intel’s Atom, and Marvell processors and Microsoft Windows, Androids and Linux operating systems.
Incorporated in 2000 as InHand Electronics, and based on intellectual property development efforts of its three founders, InHand has grown significantly every year since 2001, with continuing growth potential. With a focus on small-size, low power platforms for handheld and wireless devices, InHand provides design and production services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electronic devices. InHand’s in-house expertise includes: project management, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, production engineering, test engineering, and software engineering.
InHand is a Microsoft Gold Partner, also partners with Freescale, Texas Instruments, Marvell, Intel® Embedded and Communications Alliance, and others.
Products & Services
- InHand provides commercial off-the-shelf SBC and tablet platforms for OEMs of wireless and handheld electronic devices.
- InHand offers standard, custom and semi-custom electronics boards – Standard boards include: Fury-F6, Siren-F6, Fury, Siren, Firefly, and Fingertip5. Modified COTS SBCs may require specific peripherals or daughter card. Custom boards are also available.
- Hydra-F6 rugged tablets are available off-off-the shelf or semi or fully custom to meet project specifications; the Freescale i.MX 6 based tablet is the ideal for OEMs seeing a durable, long-life solution.
- InHand has over a decade of custom engineering rugged, low-power, mobile device design for project requiring unique specifications.
- A streamlined management approach with experienced project managers minimizes risk and ensures project on time and on budget.
- InHand partners with local test firms to detect issues early and minimize risk – combination of in-circuit and functional testing is conducted to verify operation of board-level solutions.
- Extended support is standard for 90 days following project completion – InHand offers support renewal, as well as custom, multi-year support plans that may include: 800 number access, 24-hour turnaround, hardware/software upgrades, etc.
- InHand is ITAR and US classified compliant for engineering design services and products
CAGE code: 8Z220.