This individual will be responsible for all InHand purchasing for engineering and manufacturing. He/she will assist engineers by providing information on components and procure samples. He/she will evaluate and make recommendation on alternate parts. When a part goes EOL, he/she will take steps to mitigate adverse impacts on production.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secure sample parts for engineering evaluation
- Kit low-volume, in-house and contract manufacturer (CM) builds
- Develop contacts and maintain relationships with vendors
- Maintain internal parts database and in-house parts inventory
- Evaluate and/or assist in evaluation of parts as a suitable alternate
- Identify “where used” of EOL parts and work with engineers to mitigate the impact
- Locate and secure difficult to get parts or parts not available through normal channels
- Handle alternate part requests from CM
- Check CM BOM against the released BOM for accuracy
- Track lead times and order as necessary to meet production schedules
- Verify CM part purchase prices are reasonable
- Monitor and manage excess inventory in-house and at CM
- Assist with shipping/receiving and incoming inspection
- Purchase/research lab equipment
- Assist with fulfillment and shipping of products to customers
- Prepare and maintain purchase order records within QuickBooks
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have at least an Associate Degree, preferably in a technical discipline
ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS:
This individual will be a critical member of the Engineering and Product Development teams assisting the engineers during new projects and product design. He/she will also assist production by resolving component related issues. We are looking for someone with the maturity, work ethic, commitment, and motivation to do whatever it takes to get the job done right. It is very important that the individual have excellent communication skills to work effectively with others and lead vendor interactions. He/she must also be a team player, be dedicated to team goals and contribute significantly towards the success of a growing small business.
Submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.