SECO InHand UGV and UAV Controller Design
SECO InHand designs and delivers customized remote control systems, including unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) controllers and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) controllers that meet the varied needs of military, government, first responder, and commercial sectors. Whether tethered to the vehicle or providing control through a radio communications link, each of these handheld controllers is precisely engineered for ergonomics, low latency, a variety of electronic and electromechanical features, and performance in extreme environments.
We feature a world-class team of engineering and manufacturing experts and facilities along with leading technology industry partners. Together, we are dedicated to delivering UAV ground controller and untethered remote controller solutions that meet the most stringent specifications and difficult use cases.
Handheld Controller Features
Some of the features that SECO InHand makes part of your customized handheld controller include:
- Packaging and controls customized to the application
- Custom grips, joysticks, buttons, dead man switches
- Selection of radios – commercial and military
- Display options including sunlight readability and night vision (NVIS)
- Tablet-like feature options, including GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular
- Low latency control and video display
- Interface options to sensor and video networks for full situational awareness
- Programmable application software. Operating systems include Linux and Android
- Ruggedized for the toughest environments. Meet MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-810 environmental specifications
- Versatile platform, customized from proven platforms through our Modified COTS design process
UAV ground controller products are inherently wireless devices, providing UAV or drone control through radios. UGV controllers may be wireless or tethered to the vehicle.
The SECO InHand Advantage
SECO InHand leverages more than 20 years of expertise in the development of embedded processor circuitry, custom portable devices, and rugged tablets. That enables us to consistently engineer solutions that meet the highly specific needs of military, medical and industrial applications. Combined with world class manufacturing facilities (featuring ISO 9001, AS9100, and ISO 13485 certifications) and global supply chains, we deliver robust rugged products that are on-time and on-spec.
SECO InHand leverages proven circuit, software, and other design elements via our Modified COTS design process. This drives our proven ability to deliver customized products with minimized development cost and risk, on the shortest schedules possible.
Whether it’s a commercial UAV flight controller, military UAV controller, or any other type of handheld device, SECO InHand works collaboratively with your in-house team of specialists, end users, and engineers. We work in partnership with your team to define use cases, prioritize tradeoffs, and finalize requirements before commencing development. Our priority is to ensure we deliver the best product that will get the job done.
To learn about how SECO InHand can take your UAV controller or UGC handheld product concept to production, contact us today.