InHand designs custom circuitry and software to meet application-specific requirements:
Modified COTS: using InHand’s SBC platforms as a starting point, validated schematics, circuit board artwork, and operating system source code is modified to enable application-specific features and optimize cost. As compared to fully custom designs, modified COTS accelerate schedules from kickoff to production while reducing cost and risk.
Custom designs: when requirements dictate a fully-custom design, InHand leverages its broad portfolio of circuit, OS, and device expertise to deliver. Using the same proven development process as modified COTS, InHand typically delivers initial prototypes designed to industrial and military spec within the same 3-4 month window at reasonable cost.
- Systems: product requirements analysis and prioritization, use case definition, compliance criteria
- Low power CPUs: ARM Cortex-A and Cortex-M series, Intel x86 architecture, XScale
- Network interfaces: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, PAN, cellular, CAN
- Serial devices: UART, SPI, I2C, RS-232, S-422, RS-485
- High speed interfaces: PCIe, SATA, USB
- Memory/storage: DDR3, DDR2, NAND, NOR, eMMC, SD, MMC, SSD
- Sensing: GPS, ADC, DAC, sensors with serial interface
- Display devices and touch screens: LCD, analog displays, LVDS, HDMI, CMOS display, resistive and capacitive touch
- Multimedia: video camera, still camera, MIPI-CSI, S-video, composite/component video, display devices
- Power supplies: switching power supplies (buck, boost, SEPIC), LDO, battery charging/management, peripheral power gating, low noise, wireless power
- Printed circuit board (PCB) design: high speed digital (>5 GHz), analog, signal integrity, power integrity, low EMI, thermal management, fine pitch devices, complex stack-ups including micro-via and blind/buried via, Package-on-Package (PoP), custom shapes, RoHS
- Operating systems: boot loader, kernel, drivers, Linux, Android, Windows, BSP
- Mechanical engineering: thermal management, MIL-SPEC shock/vibe/thermals, package design, private labeling
Our mechanical engineering group has years of experience integrating our hardware into packages that meet our customer’s specific requirements. Close relationships with outside vendors who provide rapid prototyping, machining, and injection molding help to accelerate the design cycle and get products to market.
InHand is Solidworks Certified ProfessionalOur versatility allows us to operate independently or as a natural extension to your design team. Our primary tool is SolidWorks a powerful and efficient 3D solid modeling software package combined with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), photo-realistic rendering, and remote design collaboration software. Files created in SolidWorks can be exported to a number of different formats to launch downstream documentation, prototyping, and production.
For those customers who already have an in-house mechanical engineering capability, we offer complete computer files for our board-level platforms. The board assemblies are typically provided in IGES or DXF formats, however, other formats are available upon request. These files will allow our boards to be easily dropped into your design without spending precious redrawing time.
The InHand Advantage:
- Accelerated time-to-market (3-4 months to initial production typical)
- Program management
- Reduced risk
- Turnkey manufacturing
- Lifecycle and obsolescence management
- Long product life support
- In-house manufacturing test development
- Regulatory certification and qualification testing
- Test and measurement
Modified COTS and custom product examples:
- Display heads for military radios and other portable devices
- Headless device for field training
- Rugged personal data assistant (PDA)
- Avionics flight recorder
- Transportation control circuitry
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) portable tester
- Solider worn e-Ink display prototype
- Calibration and test device for public utilities