This individual will assist with various R&D and customer projects. He/she will primarily perform assembly and repair of fine-pitch electronic PCBs developed and maintained by InHand Electronics. The individual will be responsible for electronic assembly and testing of printed circuit boards, although the ability to troubleshoot and debug the same is a definite plus. Most work will involve SMT components and fine-pitch parts on dense, low-power PCB assemblies for embedded systems. Experience with RoHS soldering is a plus. He/she will work closely with other technicians and hardware and software engineers for embedded systems in order to assist them with electronic system development from schematics, assembly drawings, and verbal instructions. The individual will assist in maintaining inventory and occasionally ordering parts.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Populating and testing multiple prototype and small-run PCB assemblies
• Assist with analysis and repairs for RMAs
• Maintain parts and product inventory
• Documentation and data tracking of required information and processes
• Assisting engineers with test and debug of electronic systems
• Other duties as required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a minimum of 1-2 years relevant professional work experience in a similar position.
• Must be skilled at fine-pitch soldering, PCB re-work, and system/sub-system test
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Independence and self-starter qualities are important, although it is expected that there will be on-the-job learning as well.
• Should be computer proficient with MS DOS, Windows 2000/XP OS
• Should be proficient with MS Word, Excel
• Should be proficient with Hyperterm
• BGA rework Experience is a plus.
• Environmental testing is a plus.
• Must be proficient in general electronics lab equipment (i.e. Oscilloscopes, multimeter, etc.)
POSITION DESCRIPTION – EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Associate degree in Electronics Technology or Electronics Engineering or formal training/education as an Electronics Technician Required
• IPC certification/training for rework/repair is a plus
• Experience in final inspection and quality a plus
• Great communication skills; team player
• Excellent work ethic
Submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.