SECO InHand is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual with excellent EE skills for a challenging and rewarding position designing single board computers for handheld and tablet applications. The successful candidate should have strong working knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, embedded system architecture, PCB CAD tools, FPGA and CPLD logic design, and be eager to learn about new technologies in the world of handheld devices.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Design, verify and document systems and components for rugged handheld electronics, from concept through production.
- Digital logic design and simulation using programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD)
- Capture requirements and develop test and verification plans from customer specifications.
- Schematic capture, timing simulation, placement and routing.
- Interfacing with multidisciplinary teams (mechanical, software, systems, supply chain, sales) to manage electronic design and manufacturing tradeoffs.
- Testing and validating developed hardware, contributing to and participating in production testing and formal certification.
- 3+ years in related electronic circuit design experience
- Logic design experience with Lattice, Actel, or Xilinx development tools.
- Experience with PCB CAD tools, Altium Designer and Mentor Expedition preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or related technical field.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on ITAR projects (US person)
- Simulation and timing analysis of high-speed interfaces DDR3, DDR4
- Experience with microprocessor and microcontroller-based designs
- Design verification, testing and documentation for medical applications.
- US citizenship
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
About SECO InHand
SECO InHand is a leading designer of embedded systems and custom portable electronics for the military, medical and industrial markets. Our expertise in design, manufacturing and product testing allow us to help our customers get to market faster and at lower cost with a custom solution that meets 100% of their requirements.
Come join our growing engineering team, with a culture that revolves around employee development and empowerment, in Rockville, MD, just outside of Washington DC. You will work on a wide range of challenging projects alongside our staff of experienced professionals. Visit our websites at www.seco.com/us and www.inhand.com to see more information about our products and capabilities. Competitive compensation package and benefits offered.