Pay Rate: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Degree Requirements: BSME
InHand Electronics is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual with excellent mechanical engineering skills for a challenging and rewarding position designing electronic packaging solutions for hand-held and tablet applications. The successful candidate should have strong working knowledge of board layout mechanicals, plastic enclosure design, mechanical design for rugged applications, and be eager to learn about exciting new technologies in the world of hand-held devices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and document mechanical subsystems and components for rugged handheld electronics, from concept through production.
- Monitoring design quality and incorporating procedures to improve quality.
- Managing manufacturer and vendor relationships.
- Interfacing with multidisciplinary teams (electrical, systems, supply chain, sales, etc) to manage mechanical design and manufacturing tradeoffs.
- Contributing to and participating in product testing and certifications
- 1-2 years total experience in electronics mechanical and enclosure design
- Experience with 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Product Design or related technical field
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on ITAR projects (Permanent Resident)
- Design for manufacturing (DFM), six sigma/lean principles
- Experience with electromechanical assemblies (LCDs, batteries, antennas, PCBs, buttons, etc)
- Design for rugged applications
- Project management, including Agile concepts and supply chain experience. PMP a plus.
- US citizenship
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.
About InHand Electronics
InHand is a leading designer of embedded systems and custom portable electronics for the Military, Medical and Industrial markets. Our expertise in design, manufacturing and product testing allow us to help our customers get to market faster and at lower cost with a custom solution that meets 100% of their requirements.
Come join our small and fast paced engineering team in Rockville, MD, just outside of Washington DC. You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging projects, while supported by experienced professionals and a culture that revolves around employee development and empowerment. Visit our website at www.inhand.com to see more information about our products and capabilities. InHand offers competitive benefits and salaries.